Admissions to St. Joseph's elementary school
Come join our vibrant school community!
Steps for Enrolment to St. Joseph's Elementary
Thank you for applying to our school. Below you will find a check list of items required for a complete application submission.
- Island Catholic School application form
- A copy of the student birth certificate or passport
- A recent photo of the student
- Canadian Immigration documents of the student and parents (if applicable)
- Roman Catholic baptismal certificate (if applicable)
- A copy of the student’s most recent report cards
- $50 application fee per applicant : E-transfer < firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Family Statement of Commitment (to be submitted with the application form)
- Practicing Catholic Tuition Rate Request (if applicable)
- Copies of any psychological, academic, speech or psychiatric assessments
- Before/After School Care application (if applicable)
The completed application form, all required documents and $50 application fee can be submitted as following:
- In person at the school office.
Monday-Friday 8:00am – 4:00 pm
school office 250-479-1232
- Mailed to the school
757 West Burnside Road
Victoria, BC. V8Z 1M9
- Emailed to the school
Steps Once A Completed Application has been received
Assessment & Interview
New Student Assessment All new students to St. Joseph’s will be assessed for their readiness.
Principal Interview The student and parents will have a meeting with the principal, Mr. Pollard once the assessment is successfully done. This meeting will confirm possible acceptance.
Family Payment Schedule (FPS)
FPS outlines how the student’s tuition payments will be made along with the following:
- Payment of the first month’s tuition
- VOID cheque for Pre-Authorized Debit Agreement (if not paying the tuition in full)
- Post dated cheque for June 1, 2024, in the amount of $150 made payable to St. Joseph’s for the Parent Involvement Program (PIP)
- Some school supplies for K- Gr. 3 will be group-ordered, and the payment is payable to St. Joseph’s. Amount to be determined.
Financial Assistance is available for tuition fees. Please review the Financial Assistance page for details of the program and application form.
Financial Assistance Form
Space is limited and demand for the few available placements is high, so prospective parents are encouraged to submit their application as early as possible. If there is any problem accessing the Application Form on-line, please contact the school directly.
A $50 non-refundable administration fee is due upon submitting an application, however, the submission of the application does not constitute automatic acceptance. There will be placement testing for all grades prior to acceptance, and acceptance is subject to space and availability.
One month’s notice is required if a child is to be withdrawn from the school. If this notice is not received, an additional month’s tuition will be levied. There is also a one month’s probationary period for all new students to allow us to confirm that we have the resources to meet your child’s needs.
It is the parent/legal guardian’s responsibility to inform the office of any changes of circumstances or information.
Parents / legal guardians agree to ensure full payment of all fees in advance by one of the following methods:
- By single advance payment of the full amount; or
- By submitting 12 equal payments using the school’s pre-authorized debit form.
Do you have a question?
Contact Us Here
Please contact us for further information, or a personal tour of our school.