St. Joseph’s Early Learning Center offers Preschool, Daycare and Out of School Care
St. Joseph's Early Learning Centre Programs
Preschool, Licensed Daycare and Out of School Care
Our motto is "Love is... St. Joseph's"
The Centre is pleased to provide programs that consist of St. Joseph’s Daycare, St. Joseph’s Preschool, and Out of School Care. The centre is located behind the school in three portable classrooms with access to the school and some of its facilities. The programs reflect the licensing standards set by the province of British Columbia through Island Health and is enhanced by the inclusion of our Catholic philosophy. All staff meet licensing standards, have valid criminal record checks, and receive training in child development, early childhood education, and child guidance. Staff also have first aid training.
Children will experience:
- Maximum child/educator ratio 1:10 for Preschool & Before/After School Care and a ratio of 1:8 for Daycare.
- Developmentally appropriate toys, puzzles, books, dramatic play, art center, science discoveries, as well as circle time and theme related activities.
- Free play opportunities allowing children to experience choices and creativity.
- Support in the development of social skills, consideration for the rights and feelings of others, sharing and cooperation.
Program hours, application and fees schedule
- There is 1 Preschool class run per day and the time is from 9:00 – 11:30 AM.
- Daycare runs from 7:30-5:00 pm daily.
- Before School Care is open from 7:30-8:20 am and After School Care runs 2:40-6:00 pm.
For more information, please contact the Director, Wendy Bird-Borau at 250-479-1237 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 9